POL Scientific, LLC is an open access publisher specializing in the publication of basic research and medical journals covering a diverse spectrum of life sciences and medicine for the benefit of humanity. Our leading journals include: 1) Journal of Biological Methods (ISSN: 2326-9901), committed to publish innovative biological protocols and techniques; 2) Bladder (ISSN: 2327-2120), a medical journal dedicated to publishing research on bladder biology and disease. We are committed to support the scientific community by publishing impactful research and enhancing communication among scientists. At POL Scientific, we are continuously looking for ways to accelerate scientific progress and to strive for transparency and open communication, making knowledge freely accessible without barrier.
Latest articles from journals we publish
- A simple method for short-term maintenance of neonatal mice without foster mothers February 17, 2020Mice are typically weaned from their mother between 21 and 28 days of age, or at 10 grams of body weight. However, some biochemical experiments need to be done before the weaning days, and the mother might cannibalize or ignore those manipulated pups. Here, we provide a detailed protocol for maintenance of neonatal mice without […]
- Generation of bone marrow chimeras using X-ray irradiation: comparison to cesium irradiation and use in immunotherapy February 17, 2020Bone marrow chimeras represent a key tool employed to understand biological contributions stemming from the hematopoietic versus the stromal compartment. In most institutions, cesium irradiators are used to lethally irradiate recipient animals prior to the injection of donor bone marrow. Cesium irradiators, however, have significant liabilities—including concerns around domestic security. Recently, X-ray irradiators have been […]
- Highly efficient induced pluripotent stem cell reprogramming of cryopreserved lymphoblastoid cell lines January 8, 2020Tissue culture based in-vitro experimental modeling of human inherited disorders provides insight into the cellular and molecular mechanisms involved and the underlying genetic component influencing the disease phenotype. The breakthrough development of induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) technology represents a quantum leap in experimental modeling of human diseases, providing investigators with a self-renewing and thus […]
- Comparing NGS and NanoString platforms in peripheral blood mononuclear cell transcriptome profiling for advanced heart failure biomarker development January 3, 2020In preparation to create a clinical assay that predicts 1-year survival status of advanced heart failure (AdHF) patients before surgical/interventional therapies and to select the appropriate clinical assay platform for the future assay, we compared the properties of next generation sequencing (NGS) used in the gene discovery phase to the NanoString platform used in the […]
- Malignant transformation of inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor of urinary bladder: A rare case scenario December 26, 2019Inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor (IMT) previously known as inflammatory pseudotumor, plasma cell granuloma, pseudosarcoma, myxoid hamartoma or inflammatory myofibrohistiocytic proliferation is recently recognized by World Health Organization (WHO) as “IMT” and is considered as a rare benign tumor of soft tissues occurring commonly in lung, liver and mesentry and omentum. IMT is mainly identified as a […]